Sunday, July 29, 2012

Disses and Dats!

My goodness! Has it really been twenty one days since I've posted anything here? I'm afraid it has. Regular readers, of course, know that I have a perfectly good excuse for neglecting my blogger duties: I still continue to recover from my recent medical "crisis". I knew my recovery wouldn't be of the miraculous overnight variety, but I had no idea it would take this long! And, according to the medical professionals overseeing my progress, I shouldn't schedule anything on my dance card until early Fall.

This illness couldn't have come at a worse time. I have had to pass on several promising career opportunities, and delay several projects I was in the middle of when this crisis struck.

My social life too, has taken several hits. Not only is July the month of my birth, it also marks Perfect Wifey's Birthday and our anniversary. Not to mention our town's annual carnival. Not that I actually enjoy going to my town's annual invasion of Carny Folk, but this is the first year I can recall not attending it. I hope the lipless chain-smoker that sold Sno-Cones didn't miss me too much.

My biggest regret remains my neglect of this blog, though. Any of the above events could have been the basis for a memorable post. Especially our Anniversary. During this recent unpleasantness, Perfect Wifey has certainly lived up to her title. Her love and support have made this awful time a lot less awful. My number one priority when I am 100% again is to treat her to something special to make up for this lost time, and for all her sacrifices. Maybe I can find a skeevy carnival somewhere and buy her a Sno-Cone.

PW isn't the only one who has helped lift my spirits. A sincere thanks to all of my  regular readers out there who have sent get-well emails and cards, as well as those of you who sent me toys! Your kindness touched me to the core, and I appreciate the good wishes.

Okay, enough maudlin rambles. Hopefully, next time I'll be back with better news, and I can go back to posting unacceptable excuses as to why I don't post more often.

Until then...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Newt said...

Yay a new post! Really glad to see you're on the road to recovery Bill, even if the road is a little more long and winding than you expected.

Here's to the women who keep us propped up in our times of need!

July 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger eeTeeD said...

hi bill.

if i'm not mistaken, it's more than 21 days since your last post, but who's counting?
i hate to disagree, but there could be far worse times for you to be going through this illness, and if your biggest worry is neglecting this blog, well then it's time to stop worrying.
right now the important thing for you to do is rest and recuperate. catch up on your reading. reevaluate your life ... both personal and professional. just stop, relax, and let the world go by. it will all still be here when you've completed your recuperation.
and for gosh sakes stop worrying about getting your wife a sno-cone. there's always this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEgehIUWoqw

please get well soon, and get in touch if ever you need anything.

July 31, 2012 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger MikeH said...

I'm just glad you're feeling better. Continue on your road to recovery, I'll give you a call sometime.

July 31, 2012 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Bill White said...

Thanks for the good wishes, kids!

Recovery creeps along, and I am still toting about more bodily fluids than I'd like like, but compared to a month ago, I feel better.

Please keep the good vibes rolling my way!

August 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes