Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Blotted!

Sorry for the paucity of posts lately, but, for the first time in quite a spell, I am up to my ankles in work!

Unfortunately, I cannot share any of the details of what I am engaged in (Non-Disclosure agreements and what not). However, I can share the image you see at right. This is a rough sketch for one of the things I am currently working on.
This should satisfy both those of you that enjoy classic comic books, and those that want to see more of my "Work in Progress".

Note that this is a rough sketch. All the proportions, tangents, negative spaces and such will be worked out before I finish the piece.

For those  of you who are eager to know what "tools" cartoonists use, this was scribbled hastily with a Blue Col-Erase© pencil, on 8.5" X 11" typing paper. And yes, that is The Phantom Blot!

More, much more, next time. I promise!

UPDATE: One more image to tease y'all. Is this the first time The Beagle Boys  and Goofy have appeared in the same story? (Wait, maybe they did, in a Super Goof story. I await confirmation in the comments.) For those of you nit-pickers out there: Yes, these characters are way off-model, but it's only my first pass!


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mykal Banta said...

Oh. My. God. I am so excited about your covert "work in progress. I will just say, I judge a cartoonist's chops by how Goofy is rendered, and my friend - you are coming up aces!!!!

May 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger Bill White said...

Thanks Mykal!

Sadly, US readers of this blog will never see the finished piece, unless they are in Europe, or I post it on the blog.

As for Goofy, it is very hard to draw him without channeling Paul Murray. I watched the short, "Lonesome Ghosts" on YouTube way too often, and I thinks the influence of the Goof's design on my image here is apparent. Not that there is anything wrong with that. "Lonesome Ghosts" may be one of the best shorts Disney ever made, and Goofy's line, "For a moment, I thought it wasn't me!", makes me laugh every time.

May 1, 2012 at 9:04 PM  
Blogger eeTeeD said...

great news!

wishing you a long and prosperous run on this project!

May 2, 2012 at 4:31 AM  
Anonymous Newt said...

Aww man, anything with the Beagle Boys in it is awesome.

May 2, 2012 at 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes