Thursday, August 20, 2009

Full Disclosure


I know. Regular readers of this blog are tired of me going on and on about my "Perfect Wife". While it's true that anyone would be hard-pressed to find a more fantastic mate, I have recently discovered a "chink" in the armor of her overall fabulousness.

No, I am not talking about the fact that she recently purchased a bag of "unsalted" potato chips. This is a matter far more serious.

My wife has never heard of "Beany and Cecil"!

It's true. When I read recently that this classic cartoon was having a volume two re-released on DVD, I ran in to tell my Wife the happy news. 

"What's Beany and Cecil"?, was her reply.

I know. I was taken aback too. How could anyone of our generation be unaware of the funniest TV cartoon of the sixties? The news of this ignorance of one of the most important popular culture influences of my life shook me to the core. If this fantastic woman, who was seemingly everything I ever wanted in a mate, was so ignorant of one of my favorite cartoons, what else was this unsalted-potato-chip-munching vixen keeping from me?

It turns out, in her household, Perfect Wifey's family actually spent time outdoors and doing other things that did not involve being glued to the TV 24/7. When I look at things from her perspective, I suppose I understand. She is still beautiful, funny, smart, caring and a host of other fantastic things, so I still consider myself the luckiest of lucky.

Still, she never even heard of Beany and Cecil?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger P.L. Frederick said...

Thank you for reminding me that love overcomes all barriers.

August 20, 2009 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger eeTeeD said...

the new b & c dvd is indeed great news. i can't wait to see it.

i wish there was a dvd set of the original puppet series.

August 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Bill White said...

The first set does have an example or two of the puppet episodes, as well as Clampett's John Carter of Mars footage. It is really an amazing set!

August 25, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes