Friday, January 9, 2009

Reunited, and It Feels So Good

For those of  you who have been burned in a relationship, and feel you will never find "The One", take heart! There is always a second chance with that someone special. I witnessed this first hand last night.

As you may recall from my previous post, Rocco the Wonder Dog had a special bond with the Squeaky Squirrel toy he got for Christmas, "Squirrely". They were inseparable,  but Rocco "loved" Squirrely a little too hard, and  he was seemingly destroyed. Rocco was devastated at the loss of his little friend.

However, if I have learned one thing in life (and this may be the only thing I've learned), is that there are always second chances. Even in relationships.

Last night, perhaps having been moved by my previous post, Perfect Wife got out a needle & thread and managed to restore Squirrely to his (almost) former glory! Rocco couldn't have  been more delighted to reunite with his inanimate pal, and raced about the house, giving Squirrely a long overdue (in Rocco's mind at least), solid shaking. He was also quite possessive of Squirrely, and wouldn't let any one of us near him. He retired for the evening sound  asleep, with his little buddy clenched firmly in his mouth.

So take heart, there is  someone out there for everyone, and nothing can stand in the way of true love.

Even if you are just a cheap squeaky squirrel.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jud said...

Our little dog is overly fond of stuffed ducks. Not the squeaky toy kind, although she play with squeak toys, but the ones that have the little electronic push sensor and make a "quack-quack-quack" sound.

January 9, 2009 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger SweatyBootsStink said...

You know, you are absolutely right! I've experienced almost this same exact story in MY life! Just replace Rocco with me, Squirrely with my girlfriend, and Perfect Wife with Hospital Doctor. My girlfriend hates it when I "love" her too hard, or when I race around the house giving her long overdue, solid shakings, but things are just perfect between us. I love her more than ever before and I can now sleep at night, well, assuming she is clenched firmly in my mouth.

Ps, my girlfriend is most definitely NOT a cheap squeaky girlfriend. I would just like to make that known so that she won't get mad.

January 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Black Canary said...

It's good to have someone or something to love, who you know will always be there to hug or shake or chew. I'm so happy for Rocco and hope Squirrely holds out this time.

January 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes