How Can You Miss Me If I Won't Go Away?
For regular readers of this blog, who check it out daily for a heapin' helpin' of hilarity, I'm sorry I didn't post much last week, but we here at Casa del Blanco have been hit with some bouts of what I'm sure is just the first of many Winter colds. Perfect Wife has it worse than me, but I am not 100% myself right now. For those of you who suspect I have never been 100%, you are probably right, but I still feel crummy.
Being sick did not mean we did not have an exciting week 'round these parts. Some highlights:
• We attended a High School Christmas concert. Curiously, the show only featured one Christmas tune. The rest of the show featured music I have already forgotten. It was two + hours of my life I will never reclaim. When you attend a performance where both the audience AND the performers are there under duress, you know it won't be pleasant.
The musical director seemed to be having a nice time, however.
• Rocco the Wonder Dog, after a few weeks of good behavior, has again decided our carpeting is a fine alternative to going outside to do his "business". This has strained relations with him and Perfect Wife.
• We got a Christmas tree! It is a really beautiful tree, and "only" set us back fifty bucks. Buying it reminded me of the days when my sister and I would wait until Christmas Eve, and score an unsold tree from the discarded tree pile at the K of C lot for free, by hauling it over a chain link fence. Believe it or not, this is a fond Holiday memory for me.
• We also ordered some new Rudolph action figures online to add to our growing collection. We were very proud of our assortment of TV Holiday figures, until a dear friend of mine informed me of the magnitude of his collection. He even has Yukon Cornelius and his sled dog team! In the spirit of "keeping up with the Joneses", we will rectify this situation, even if it means Christmas dinner will be Kraft Mac n' Cheese.
• Also in the Yuletide Spirit, I viewed the Miser Brothers' Christmas special Saturday night, but I will reserve my comments on that for the fine Clique Clack TV website (which you can visit by clicking on the link at right), that still hasn't realized the error in judgement they made by inviting me aboard.
Yes, it was quite a week. As they say, "Busy man, you've had a little day".