Thanks for Giving
I am a day late, but to all my American readers, Happy Thanksgiving! (Canadian readers should wait a week to read this post.)
At this special time of year, it is mandated that we give thanks for all our blessings, so here are a few of mine:
• Not to beat a dead horse, but I am thankful for my Perfect Wife. Regular readers of this blog are no doubt tired of this recurring theme in my posts, but if any of you had a perfect spouse like mine, you would be blathering on about them all the time too.
• I am thankful we have a new chap moving into the White House soon, replacing our current nit-wit in chief. Cross your fingers kids, this guy may work out.
• I am grateful that Rocco the Wonder Dog has not befouled any of our rugs lately. Please note: I reserve the right to rescind this thanks at any moment.
• I am thankful to all my family and friends, who put up with listening to me tell all the same stories over and over again and again, and act like they have never heard them before, and reserve rolling their eyes in disgust until my back is turned.
• I am thankful the Christmas season is finally upon us, and I will have the opportunity to see the films "ELF" and "A CHRISTMAS STORY" every time I turn on the TV.
• I am thankful the little girl next door has stopped practicing the piano at 7 a.m.
• I am thankful for "DOCTOR WHO" reruns on BBC America. I know that I said I wouldn't mention this show again for awhile, therefore, I am also grateful that you won't hold the fact that I did it again against me.
• I am eternally thankful that Rob Schnieder's career finally seems over.
• I am thankful for Diet Coke, Mike & Ikes, Munchos, Fritos, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and any of the other fine snack and/or junk food products that make life worth living.
• Most of all, I am thankful to all the loyal readers of this blog. I wish you and yours' all the best this Holiday Season. May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
If I have forgotten to thank anyone of anything in this post, please feel free to correct me in the comments section.