Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No, Rocco!

Sorry for the lapse in posting lately. A lot has been going on in these parts. For those of you who depend on this site for your daily-dose-of-chuckles, I resolve, in the spirit of New Year's resolutions, to do better. 

Don't hold your breath.

The big news for our family this week? We almost lost Rocco the Wonder Dog! We've had quite a bit of snow in these parts lately, and Rocco, for reasons known only to him, LOVES to burrow around in the stuff. Perfect Wife was putting him out on his leash last Monday, when all of a sudden Rocco (who usually waits patiently for his leash to be  attached) ran like a crazy man (or dog) into the busy street! He must have had some canine version of cabin-fever, I suppose.

Long  story short, he got clipped by a truck. I wasn't witness to the incident, but PW said if Rocco had been one second faster, he would be taking a dirt nap right now (Thank Goodness he is too chubby for much alacrity!). As it was, he came away from the experience with only a sprained paw. He was pretty quiet for the rest of the day, and we all hoped he'd learned his lesson.

Our hopes were in vain. Today he again made a mad dash for the road, but I was able to catch him in time. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Rocco isn't an old dog, but apparently you can't teach him ANY tricks! He is his own person.

If this snow doesn't go away soon, though, we may have to attempt to "paper train" Rocco. I don't have a lot of optimism about the success of this plan, however.

It might be easier to move to San Diego. 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Black Canary said...

Bad Dog! I think poor Rocco is bored because he's not getting his usual daily walks due to the snow. I guess the chance to run freely outweighs the danger of getting hit by cars. I'm glad he's okay.. for now.

January 21, 2009 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is Bill Vallely.

I lost your e-mail

I lost your phone number.

my e-mail address is

timetunnel2010@gmail.com

Please send me your number and email so we can call, and write.

March 5, 2009 at 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes