Friday, August 1, 2008

Thinking Positive!


Here is some news that will not amaze or surprise regular readers of this blog, both of you. (Has that joke gotten really old yet?): Still no images.

I spent a wonderful couple of hours yesterday trying to figure out the whole posting thing, and saying a wicked lot of naughty  words,  to no avail. Don't worry, I am bringing in professional help.

In an effort to stay positive & upbeat, today, I will focus on some things that make me smile.

In no particular order (except for the first one), they are:

• My Wife. No matter how bad the day is, seeing her when I come home, her beautiful face, her amazing smile,  makes all the troubles of life melt away. (I know regular readers of this blog are tired of hearing me talk about how  great she is, but, hey, I call 'em as I see 'em.)

• Doctor Who on DVD. I am as addicted to this show now, as I was as a lad, and David Tennent is the best Doctor yet. Again, if you don't know what I'm talking about, why are you reading this? Get thee to a video store!

• My Perfect Wife and my's (this grammar is incorrect, right?)  book should be done soon, and hopefully will be available soon.
Order extra copies!

• Rocco the Wonder Dog seems to have his bladder and other various bodily functions under control. Knock on wood.

• Another benefit of the internet: I have been contacted by some people who were important  to me in the past, and who I had lost touch with. They are all doing great, which is no surprise to me, as even in the high school days and beyond they were pretty special, and I am delighted to hear from them.

There's a lot more I could still list, but you get the gist. (Hey! I'm a poet and didn't know it!) It's very late as I write this, and I may  seem a bit maudlin, but I'm not in the least, so let me quote from a movie I love, that none of you have ever seen, "The 7 Faces of Dr. Lao": "I'm alive, and being  alive is FANTASTIC".  Again, get thee to a video store!

Tomorrow: A more lighthearted piece. I would promise images, but you know what they say: "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

By the way, did I mention how much I Love My Wife?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Heng said...

David Tennant, the best Doctor ever???? I beg to differ! Tom Baker Forever!

August 5, 2008 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger Bill White said...

Mark! Nice to hear from you!

I love Tom Baker too, but let's just agree to disagree on this one. After all, I have a friend who thinks Jon Pertwee is the best Doctor ever. So you see, it takes all kinds...

BTW, For those of you reading this, Mark is another pissa cartoonist. Click on the link above and check out his fabulous work!

August 6, 2008 at 1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes