Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

As you may have guessed from the title of this post, today I am one year closer to my destiny/dirt nap. Don't let that statement lead you to believe I am one of those people who get all blue about being one year older. I love my Birthday! For one thing, I'm not a woman, and for another I still have 65 to 75% of my hair.

The biggest reason I love my Birthday: I GET PRESENTS!

If you think this makes me sound materialistic and superficial, you are correct. I love gettin' stuff!
Every year one of my loved ones presents me with a gift I either desperately wanted or didn't know I desperately wanted. (Who even knew they made Popeye lounge pants?)  

This year I have been presented with a new ipod (which is either a thoughtful gift from my Perfect Wife, or a clear sign she is tired of me using hers), and best of all, A replica of the Laser Screwdriver from TV's Doctor Who! For those of you who don't know what that is, I have no idea why you're reading this blog. You better do a Google search and see what I'm talking about. I love it.

If you haven't started shopping for me, don't despair, there's still time to get me something. If you are in a quandary about what to get me, here are some items from my wish list to help you:

• A full size replica of the B-9 Robot from "Lost in Space". This will set you back a mere $10,000 or so. If you can't find one, I'll also accept a full size Robbie the Robot from "Forbidden Planet", I'm not fussy. Either one of these would look fantastic in my living room, and I'm sure my wife would love having them  there.

• For the budget minded, how about an authentic Stormtrooper costume from "Star Wars"?This will only set you back $600 to $1,000. Yes, I need this. You don't need to know why.

• An Anything Muppet. These were made by Fisher Price™ in the early 70's. They were blank Muppets that came with all kinds of different noses, eyes, ears, etc., so you could make all kinds of different puppets. I have been searching for one of these for years in vain. If you find me one, the look of joy on my face will more than justify any price you had to pay.

• For you traditionalists, I will also accept cash.

There is plenty more I could mention, but I don't want to seem greedy.

If you are worrying you may not make the 12 o'clock deadline to get me something, rest assured I will accept gifts year 'round.

(!) I forgot to mention: One of the best gifts I got today, screwdriver aside, was a very nice tribute from my pal & supertalent, John Forcucci wrote for me at his blog: http://jfwork.blogspot.com/

John is a really great guy, and the caricature he did of me is so good it's frightening. He also wrote nice things about my work, which would make me blush if I didn't have such a huge ego.

Seriously, he is a major talent, and he has a big career in comics ahead of him, so check out his blog and get in on the ground floor of his fan base. Then you can always say at conventions, "Oh yeah, I've been a fan for years", in a really snobby voice.

Enough about other people. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ME!!!


1 Comments:

Blogger Pepper Potts said...

Happy Birthday Bill!!

Presents aside--you are correct about John Forcucci. A truly gifted artist and a wonderful and thoughtful friend. That caricature of you is way too accurate! Of course, it's better than my clay likeness.. :-0

I hope you are enjoying your day!

I love you!

July 15, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes