Friday, February 6, 2009

Kryptonite!

We all have a bit of Kryptonite in our lives. For those of you not in the loop, Kryptonite is something you can't tolerate (Like Adam Sandler movies). It makes you feel weak and dizzy, and if you are exposed to it long enough, there's a chance it could kill you. Or at least make you uncomfortable. In the comic books, it's little chunks of Superman's hometown, the planet Krypton. They drifted to Earth after the destruction of Superman's home planet, and many a super-villain has used it to vex the Man of Steel over the years. It has a bad effect on him. He can't stand the stuff.

Everybody has their own personal Krytonite to annoy us. It could be the sluggish driver in front of us when we're in a hurry to get somewhere, or that person talking loudly on their cell phone in a public place. For me, my Kryptonite, the object that gets me feeling all nauseous and loose-limbed, is corn.

Yes, corn. I know that 99% of the population loves a nice big hunk of corn on the cob, or a heapin' helpin' of creamed corn, but I can't stand it.

Don't get me wrong; I love corn in its deep-fried diluted form. Fritos® are one of  my favorite snack treats. So is popcorn. I just can't stand the taste & texture of corn in its' natural state.

I can't even stand to see other people eat corn. To me, it sounds like they are munching on insects. Someday, I'll tell you the story of the day I was at a corporate picnic,  and a guy plunked down next to me with a giant ear of  corn, then buttered a piece of bread, and used it to butter the corn, then ATE THE BREAD! Oh, wait. I just did tell you the story.

They later found me in a port-o-potty in the fetal position.

To sum up this post; I don't care for corn. I'm sure there are some foods you don't care for, so leave a message in the comment section, and we'll return to this subject later.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Beets, coleslaw and tartar sauce. Especially if the juice from the beets runs into the mashed potatoes.

David
http://david-wasting-paper.blogspot.com/

February 6, 2009 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger Bill White said...

I can relate, David.

I spent many a night not being allowed to leave the table till I finished my beets, which had run into my mashed potatoes.

Why they even sell canned beets is beyond me!

I do like tartar sauce though. How else can you eat fish sticks?

February 7, 2009 at 12:01 AM  
Blogger John F said...

Liver, Bill, Liver . . .

My mom was forced to eat kidney stew as a child - serving liver once a month was the result.

Oh, the humanity . . .

February 7, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes