More Kaptain Keen Krap!
Regular readers may be tired of hearing it, but work is progressing nicely on my upcoming book, which collects all the vintage issues of Kaptain Keen & Kompany comics from the 1980's.
Since you could easily buy the entire run of the book for pennies online, I have to include a bunch of "extras" in the book, to make it a worthwhile purchase. I have a whole buncha "bonus features" planned! So, in addition to every single KK story and cover ever published (with typos corrected!), you'll see:
• Many, many early KK strips done during my time as a student in "art" school! (The horrifically primitive sample at right is just one small example.)
• Lots of unpublished "artwork" from unfinished stories!
• Storyboards, model sheets and animation drawings from the underwhelming KK animated short film I did for my senior class project- A film now lost to the ages forever!
• Sketches by ex-Disney animator and my animation teacher Milt Neil, of Kaptain Keen and Mooseboy! Milt was instrumental in improving my clunky designs, and the drawings are great!
• An oral history of Kaptain Keen by yours truly! (I'd like to get some big name to write an intro, but I know of no one worthy that was a fan of the book.)
• An ALL NEW Kaptain Keen framing story, that brings the characters into the 21st century!
• A spectacular* wrap around cover!
• And more (If I can think of anything else)!
That's what all you good folks out there have to look forward to when this book finally gets released. Now all I have to do is write and draw the new story, assemble the whole thing, and get it printed. Piece of cake!
One thing I do need help with is the title, so I'm putting it out to you. Which title do you prefer?:
• THE KOMPLETE KAPTAIN KEEN
• THE KAPTAIN KEEN KOLLECTION
• THE KOMPLETE KAPTAIN KEEN KOLLECTION
Please let me know what you think in the comments section. You can also make suggestions of your own for a title. Sarcastic, derisive suggestions are always welcome.
I'll shut up now about this book, and get back to normal blog business, whatever that is. I won't mention this collection again until I have information on how/where/when you can get a copy (or two, or three) of your very own.
Man, now I gotta do this thing...
*Degree of spectacular-ness may be subjective.