Long time, no blog. Not much happening 'round these parts, really, but here are a few of what we can laughingly refer to as "highlights", for lack of a better term:
• Here in the Irish Riviera, also known as New England, we had quite the Winter, weather-wise. I can't recall a more brutal combination of cold and snowfall.
Thankfully, all that cruddy weather seems to be behind us now. I can almost smell Spring in the air! Almost. It's still a bit chilly, and instead of piles of snow we have piles of melty slush and mud. Still, it's nothing we have to shovel, so I'm happy. More on this later.
• I recently appeared in an awesome production of "Raisin in the Sun" at a local theatre. The cast was incredible, and I was reminded of why I enjoy doing the "acting thing". I have been in quite a few productions lately that have been sub-par, at least for me, and I was beginning to get discouraged. This production really renewed my interest in acting, so I think I'll keep doing as long as people keep casting me. I hope that this is welcome news to local audiences. To anyone who saw my recent star turn in "Homulous the Mute", it might not be...
By the way, in case you're wondering, I played neither the "Raisin", nor the "Sun". I had another role.
• Career-wise, things are a bit slow. I am supposed to be starting a new project any day now, but I am still awaiting the "go ahead". More on this later.
• I haven't posted much lately (what else is new?) but I resolve to do better from now on. Even if I have nothing to say, I'm sure I can scare up some tidbit worth sharing. For example: I may finally detail my trip to Orlando last December, or finally tell you all about that film that haunts my dreams. More on this later.
• As detailed in my last post, I am still in the grips of my Star Wars action figure obsession. I have shown admirable restraint though, and have only bought a few new ones. This cannot last, of course, as a quick scouring of the Internet reveals a bunch of characters I really want, no, NEED for my collection. Perhaps if Perfect Wifey ever takes a vacation by herself it will provide the perfect cover for me to buy them all. When she questions the expense upon her return, I can always use the "I-missed-you-so-much-I-was-trying-to-fill-the-void" ruse. That usually works. Unless of course she's reading this. More on this later.
As I said, not a lot of goings on, but things are bound to pick up. Now that I think of it, I do have a few exciting tidbits I can share with you, including details of one project I'm working on that I'm really excited about.
But, of course, more on this later.