Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm a "Family Guy" Guy!

I know I will lose the respect of some of my readers for admitting this, but I love the TV series "Family Guy".

A lot of people hate this show. They think it is "low brow", "vulgar", "in poor taste" and a whole bunch of other negative things. They are right, but it is also really funny.

I once dismissed this show too. I found the character designs unappealing and a lot of the voices annoying. I also hated the character of "Stewie", a super-intelligent baby plotting world domination. A very tired concept, in my opinion. These were criticisms that I had before I actually watched the show. Once I actually gave it a chance, my objections faded. Why?

Because the show is really funny.

If you hate the  show, give it another try. If you haven't seen it before, why not check out one of the best episodes, which aired last Sunday night? "The Road to the Multiverse" follows Brian the Dog and Stewie as they explore multiple realities. I don't want to say too much about this episode, lest I spoil any surprises. Let me just say the crew of the show obviously had a great time depicting the characters in a variety of different styles. A lot of time and effort (and money!) must have gone in making the episode, and it all pays off with a heapin' helpin' of hilarity!

You can watch the episode (and see some ads for Dell™ computers) by clicking this link. A note to the easily offended: The episode is low brow, vulgar and in poor taste. 

It is also really funny.

If you hate it, I'm sorry. Maybe a re-run of "According to Jim" would be more your speed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Black Canary said...

That drawing is definitely a keeper! I love it!!

I can't wait to see the season premiere. I missed it 'cuz my husband wanted to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm.. an equally offensive show. Oh well..

It seems this season is filled with all my favorite shows airing simultaneously, thus causing a tremendous amount of channel surfing which greatly annoys my husband..

Oh, married life. Aint it grand!

September 29, 2009 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger Andie said...

Oh, Rocco is a thing of beauty as Brian! Do I sense a potential Halloween costumed duo? Might be easier to do than trying to stick pieces of foil all over him in an attempt at K9.

September 30, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes