Friday, October 10, 2008

Artist's Block!

For a creative person (like I pretend to be), be they a fine artist, cartoonist, writer, songwriter, playwright or even a kid doing a book report, there is nothing as exciting/intimidating as a blank piece of paper.

The possibilities are limitless. You could create a masterpiece that will be celebrated for generations long after your dirt nap, or just scribble around for a few fruitless hours producing a pile of crap.

Call it writer's block, artist's block or whatever, it is a challenge that faces all of us from time to time.

I am having one of those days. The images I see in my head just aren't flowing out onto the paper. I thought venting my frustration by illustrating it might help.

It didn't. Maybe a walk will help. What methods do you creative types out there use to break this block?

The good news is that, like an unloved season, this syndrome goes away for awhile, then you can enjoy a new burst of creative energy.

I think I'll take that walk now.



Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Pepper Potts said...

Just don't overthink it. I am not really a creative type, but I tend to overthink everything and it makes things much harder than they should be.

I can't really give you any advice from an artist's standpoint, but having seen most of your work, I know those juices will start flowing again soon, and when they do--look out!

Chin up and enjoy a nice 3-day weekend!

October 10, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes