Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Of Mice & Sinks


Regular readers of this blog (both of you), will recall that yesterday I got off to a pretty bad start with a runaway dog. Well, this morning brought an equal, but wholly different wake up call.

A mouse in the kitchen sink.

I was getting Rocco the Wonder Dog a drink, when I noticed a little tail behind a coffee cup, and attached to this little tail was a little rodent. After determining that the girlish, high-pitched shrieks of horror filling the air were coming from me, the mouse was safely trapped and transported outside.

Now, I have lived in NYC, where such events transpire on a daily basis, but out here in the wilds of suburbia, it's a bit of a shock.

This is my family's second mouse-in-the-sink incident. I hope it is the last. The irony is, my perfect wife is a cleaning freak, and it's not like we have open containers of food lying all over the place. What is it about are kitchen sink that is so appealing to the little critters? Do they come up the pipes? Will I someday receive an unwelcome visit from below when I'm on the potty? 

I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pepper Potts said...

Bill,

It's one adventure after another for you lately!

So much for Rocco's great sense of smell! It sounds like you need a cat to take care of your mouse problem.

I hope the rest of your day is a bit less hectic. Have a great one, and I look forward to reading the Adventures of Bill tomorrow!

June 24, 2008 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Bill White said...

Pepper-

When it comes to cats, I'd rather have the mice!

June 24, 2008 at 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just last week I was in a similar situation. My slightly imperfect (I've been married 5 years, Bill's still on his honeymoon) wife's friend called and said she had a mouse in her sink. I immediately put on my cape and flew to the rescue. Upon my arrival(perfect landing) I observed two other full grown men(no capes) staring at the sink. I looked into the sink and saw no mouse, but there was a big drain with the words in-sink erator circling it. Would you like to guess what happened next? None of us were brave enough to put our hand into the disposal where the rabid mouse was surely waiting to bite. As I didn't have time to go home and collect my blood thirsty cat, quick as a flash I turned the water on and flicked the disposal switch. Problem solved. Gruesome? Yes, but not as cruel as letting Dave(my cat)torture him mercilessly for hours as he is wont to do with mice. In hindsight I guess D-Con and some tongs also would have worked.
Rog (TVP)

July 1, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes