Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Yes, still no images. Rest assured, they're coming, and will be worth the wait.

Provided your expectations are not too high.

As a change of pace, I thought I'd give you peek into my weekend activities.

This weekend, I started a part time job at a local concert venue. Not really terribly demanding, but not terribly interesting either. My main job is to stand in the parking lot in an orange vest and guide cars into the handicapped spots. You'd be surprised how slowly 3 hours pass when you're doing this.

One perk: A well-to-do gentleman offered to "make it worth my while" if I let him park in a premium space. Apparently, my while is worth 2 bucks. Nice to know. I also learned later, we are not allowed to accept tips. I would hate to risk my seasonal, part-time, minimum wage job on this type of infraction again.

I also saw a drag queen and a lobster boy in the crowd. So the job is not without it's moments.

On a lighter note, Rocco the Wonder Dog broke his lead and ran away this morning. Believe me, nothing will endear you to your neighbors more than walking the streets in the wee hours of the morning, calling your dog's name. Happy ending: After a merry chase (with "Daddy" scrambling through the wet brush after the dog, who assumed it was all really fun game), Rocco is home safe and sound. 

Now, off to do some real work on our book, "Oscar's Naughty Chicken", which will be out later this year. Of course, I will provide more info and be schilling it relentlessly in the weeks and months to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pepper Potts said...

Hi Bill!

I hope your wife gets that scanner working soon! I'm dying to see your much anticipated images.

It's great to hear about what's going on in your life. Keep up the good work!

June 23, 2008 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger Maggie's Mom said...

Sounds like Rocco has a great dad. Lucky dog.

Job sounds beyond exciting. Fodder for future books to be sure.

Enjoying your blog - thanks!

June 23, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes