Monday, November 14, 2011

Sneak Peek!

Been busy as a Bee lately, and may hap the blog has suffered for it. I've spent the past several posts discussing other cartoonists and various assorted nonsense. The result is that I have lost focus on the point of this blog: Me, and my exciting life  as a cartoonist! The next few posts will rectify that.

As a sample, here is a sneak peek at a doodle connected to my upcoming not-so-secret project. No explanations, just enjoy.

This  would be a good time to ask you all out there if there are any topics you would like me to cover on this blog. The sky's the limit! Ask me what you will in the comments section, and if  I have anything to say about the subject, and/or  any images to show, you'll see it!

This would also be a good time to remind those of you that aren't "In the Know", that I have another blog filled with cartoony goodness. Just click here for a gander.

Till next time...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's several subjects we're still waiting for you to touch upon (a certain phobia, for example).

here's something that came up recently. a few weeks ago i unearthed my copy of spotlight's mighty mouse #1, and am now hoping tha you will tell us a few things about it.

how did you get involved with spotlight? why was your story the only one that didn't have a logo and credits on it? who was the writer on your story? how did you get teamed with him? (i'm especially curious about the writer because joe gill is one of the writers in this comic. joe gill happens to be my all time #1 favorite comic book writer, and i'm curious if you ever got to work with him).

eeteed

November 15, 2011 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Bill White said...

I was thinking about writing about my time with Spotlight. They were one of the first publishers foolish enough to hire me at the start of my "professional" career. I will have to review the samples of work I have on hand to jog the ol' memory before I write the piece (This would be a good time for me to ask anyone reading this that has copies of any Spotlight comics with my byline: I would LOVE to have some copies of this stuff, as I have lost a lot of it over the years. If you have extras, send me an email, and we can make the necessary arrangements!).

I also have to be careful as to what I say about the whole experience, as the people in charge were very nice, but NOT very good businessmen. Things ended badly financially for all involved.

I believe I did illustrate a Joe Gill story or two (other Charleton talent also worked for Spotlight, as they were based in Connecticut. Ray Dirgo did a TON of stuff for them.), but at the time, I was ignorant as to his identity. My bad. A complete repeat of my "inking Marty Taras" experience, I'm afraid. I was such a nit-wit back then! Actually, I still am, but in a completely different way!

November 15, 2011 at 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes