Thursday, December 9, 2010

Meanwhile, Back in Whipstaff Manor...

Here's another blast from my past for  y'all: A story I pencilled for an issue of "Casper and Friends" magazine from 1997. The story was titled, "The Good, the Bad and the Ghostly". In the story (written by the awesome Angelo De Cesare), Casper and his human pals, Kat and Dr. Harvey, travel to an old West ghost town and get into a jam only the Ghostly Trio can bail them out of. I always liked what I did in this sequence, even though I could do a far better job now, and the inks, lettering  and  colors  leave a bit to be desired. That is the peril of freelancing: You don't have a lot of control over such things. That said, I still like the attitudes and expressions on the characters, especially Stretch's on page 2, when he admits that they need Casper. Click on this paragraph to see the first page, then on each subsequent image for a closer look.

So, enjoy! My family and I  are off to visit Harry Potter  in Orlando this week, so no more posts till we return.






Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is great stuff! lots of great poses and expressions. love the establishing shot of whipstaff manor, and the ghost pig may be my favorite part of all!

so much better than certain modern day updatings i am seeing of our favorite harvey characters!

eeteed

December 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger P.L. Frederick said...

Nice. A good mix of scare and suspense and cuteness. I like the 3 different shots of the stagecoach. And the belch. That is some belch.

December 10, 2010 at 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $25 - Limited Time Find your movie at MoviesUnlimited.com. Apple iTunes